Friday, February 29, 2008

Trash or Treasure??


We are in the process of getting ready to have a GARAGE SALE!!
Fun? No.
Worth it? Yes.

Ever heard the saying, "One person's trash is another person's treasure?" This is SO true!!

In November Mike and I with my Mom cleaned out some storage buildings we had. You wouldn't believe the "stuff" that had. So, we had a garage sale...and between us and my Mom we made a total of $800.00 - which we split. And, as mentioned in previous posts, we are - by the grace of God - living paycheck to paycheck. So that was a huge blessing for us, right before Christmas. And, even after the garage sale was over, we still hade oodles and oodles of stuff left... so we donated the remaining stuff to Habitat for Humanity.

So, this time, we are cleaning out the attic, our bedrooms, the kids' toys, and our outside utility room... and are having yet another garage sale. So far, we have lots of toys, clothes, stuffed animals, decorations for the house, some baby stuff, and girly stuff like lotions and jewelry boxes. Pretty much, the usual garage sale stuff. It will be on April 4th & 5th.

It's crazy what people will buy. I don't mean that in a bad way. We are all different, and everyone has different tastes. You really can find good stuff and excellent prices at garage sales! Plus - LIKE ME - most people love a sale, or a bargain!!!! I pretty much refuse to pay full price for most things.

Anyway, that's what I am working on today. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

HerstoryGirl said...

I LOVE going to garage sales, but I HATE doing them, myself. Ugh.
If I am back from Arkansas, I will come by & give you some $upport. =D
Summer