Monday, February 18, 2008

Cody's Baptism


Yesterday we went down to Metairie to attend Cody's (our grandbaby's) baptism!! Isn't he precious?? I love him to pieces! He is just so cuddly and innocent.

Christina and her husband have decided to raise him in the Catholic church. Little Cody was absolutely perfect ... he slept through the whole thing! He didn't even cry when they poured the water on his head. The priest let us know that the water in the fountain was actually warm, so I'm sure that helped! It is wonderful to see little souls placed in the hands of our Father. What a blessing for the future!

The service was very nice, although we had a hard time convincing Ryan and Lane that we were at church. They are so used to the sounds and activity at HPC, the Catholic church was a big change for them.

I was raised Catholic church too. And, while I can greatly appreciate the ceremony and tradition that is the Catholic religion, and have complete respect for it ... the Catholic church just isn't for me. I remember when I was growing up and we would go to church. It was like I just sat there for an hour or so, going through the motions, but nothing really "touched me." I didn't really get anything out of it. Kind of like an outsider looking in.

About 4 years ago, we found Healing Place Church. Talk about a change from growing up Catholic! Imagine being able to talk, laugh, and celebrate in church and acually getting to know God in a personal way! It was amazing to me and so refreshing! After going to HPC for a few months, I knew I had found my home. At HPC, I feel like I am PART of it... and the passion for our God is amazing. I know that HPC is where I'm meant to be.

I'm pretty open-minded about it though. Every person is different. To me, as long as a person goes to a church where they feel like they belong and are fulfilled after each service, that's when you know you have found the right church for you. God loves us ALL.

Thank you God for blessing our family with Cody and for the opportunity for all of us to come together and present him to You!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi lesley, it might be a big surprise to you - i was just doing my net searching and just typed "maglapit" just for the sake of it.... and found out your site! wow! that was great and found out a way of communicating with mike, jennifer, and christina... could you please send my best regards to them :) we've never communicated for past 5 years now...oh before i forget - welcome to the christian life and to the family cody :)

jose mari "joy" maglapit
riyadh, saudi arabia
email: jomar_maglapit@yahoo.com