Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Humbling Moment





It's amazing to me how God can take the death of someone that I didn't have the pleasure of knowing to continue His work in me.

Pastor Joel Stockstill and his wife Amy have been on my mind, and PRAYERS, a lot the last few days. But after I read this morning of her death I was really having a hard time shaking the incredibly sad feeling I had. To me, it was crazy since I didn't really know her.

Then, while I was getting myself ready to run some errands... I swear I had a "God moment." That might sound kind of dramatic or over the top to some people, but that's all I can think of to call it. I was brushing my hair and feeling incredibly sad for Amy's death and for the death of other loved ones in my life that have passed away. Suddenly, all I could hear was a voice saying... "I did not promise you eternal life on earth, but eternal life in heaven with Me. The only way to get to Me is when your body dies. You have to die to have eternal life with ME."

It seems crazy, but I feel like I am just learning this. I mean really learning it and feeling it. When someone we love dies, it is our human flesh that grieves and is so sad for their death. But, our hearts and our spiritual self should also be filled with joy that our loved ones are now in Heaven with our Father.

Wow. I'm still trying to process that somehow through Amy Stockstill's death, a young lady who was so loved by so very many people, yet was a virtual stranger to me... that our ever faithful God is at that moment at work in me.

How VERY, VERY humbling that moment was for me. Thank you God for the CROSS.

No comments: