Thursday, February 7, 2008

The FLU !!!!



Yikes!! The flu is threatening to take over our family!! Yesterday my oldest nephew, Spencer, had a bad headache and a sore throat so I agreed to let him stay with me for the day instead of him going to school. Then yesterday evening around 5:00 he had a temp of 102.2. Enter one big does of Advil! My sister made him a doctor appointment for early this morning, then picked him up after work and brought him home. This morning when she woke him up, he had a temp of 104.3!!!!!!My poor baby... uhhh I mean "young man!"



Off to the doctor they went!! Our WONDERFUL peditrician, Dr. Wood, did a "flu swab" on him ... and yep, you guessed it ... it was POSITIVE!! The good news is... apparently there is a new perscription medicine called TAMI-FLU (or something like that) that you can take to lessen the severity of the dreaded flu, and/or hopefully can help to prevent it.


So, we are all starting to take that medicine today... all the while praying that we don't catch the flu, especially that my pregnant sister doesn't get it ... AND praying that Spencer will get well SOON, SOON, SOON!!


The flu is so miserable and I hate that he has it :-( I took this picture of him yesterday. I hope hedoesn't get too mad at me for posting his FLU-PIC!! I love you punkin!


If you have a minute and don't mind, please send up a quick prayer for everyone! Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My poor Spencer....he is so miserable. His request is for his Mimi to make him so homemade chicken noodle soup. Nothing like a good soup when you are sick, and nothing else is appealing. So I'll make enough for everybody. Of course, Lane won't eat it, so we need a plan B for him.....Mr. Picky Eater.
I'm praying for a rapid recovery for Spencer, and for the Armor of God and Blood of Jesus to protect the rest of my family.
Love from Mom aka proud Mimi.