Overall, 2008 has been a great year for my family... and for me personally. Of course, it had it's ups and downs...but overall it's been good.
Good things that have happened this year (in no particular order):
- became an aunt/Nanny for the 3rd time!! Yeaaaa for Baby James!! I love him so much!!
- reconnected with my bestest friend, Dawn !!
- worked really hard on and have gotten better at opening up. Still have a long way to go, but I'm making progress! It's not always easy, but I don't want to spend my life being an ostrich!
- grown stronger in my faith and become more active in our church
- helped with Hurricane Gustav relief efforts
- grown even closer to my wonderful husband!
- in August Mike got a new, better paying job
- learned to be more patient with my children, Lane & Ryan. They are the loves of my life and I thank God for both of them.
- the relationship with me & my daughter has grown from parent/child to parent/young adult. She is awesome and I am so proud of her!! We have come a LONG way this year.
- been there for my mom when she needed me. She is an amazingly strong woman and I am blessed that she is my mom!
- been able to spend more time with my sister and her boys (they are like my other 2 sons!) since she isn't working anymore!! Lauren is my other half, seriously, I would be lost without her!
- learned that even when things/situations don't look good ... to have a deep faith that God is in control and that it will work out according to His plan, not mine.
- through a lot of letter writing, a few phone calls, and (so far) one (going again in January) visit, developed a great relationship with my friend, Dawn's, son, JP. He has always had a special place in my heart and I'll always be there for him!
- started blogging and I love it! Made some really good friends in the "blog world!!"
- reconnected with some real life friends:
- took a "not-so-popular-in-Louisiana" position in the 2008 Presidential Election.
- witnessed and prayed for my friend,
- learned to not be a "lazy" friend. Friendships don't just happen by themselves and they are too important to ignore.
- reconnected with some of my friends from high school! (Ack, my 20 year reunion is in a few months!)
- learned to be thankful, really thankful, for the blessings that me & my family have been given. Blessings, no matter how big or small, are all around all of us. We just have to open our eyes and SEE them.
I hope and pray that each of you has a wonderful, safe, Happy New Year!!