Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I'm Baaaacccckkkkkk!



I'm back!!!

After taking a leave of absence from blogging, I am returning to the "Blog World" today. For some reason, I was really "feeling" the blog thing anymore. Why? I'm not sure. Maybe I felt like I didn't really have much to share or much that seemed "important." It seemed like for a while, I was in a funk. I HATE it when that happens.

See, it seems that when I get stressed out, overwhelmed, worried or upset...I act like an ostrich and stick my head in the sand and withdraw from people. I've been that way for most of my adult life. I'm sure it is a result of going through some rough things in life and is some kind of messed up defense mechanism. However, it is something that I truly do not like about myself. So, I am working really hard on changing that.

Thank God my sister, Lauren, and my friend, Dawn, refuse to let me get away with it and they have been known to pull my head out of the sand for me! LOL!!

A couple of weeks ago they (Lauren & Dawn) asked about my blog and said that my last post was about Hurricane Ike approaching and that it looked like (from the blog) that I got washed away by the storm and never came back!! Oops!! Obviously, that did not happen - THANK GOD!

Life is too good, and too short for me to act like an ostrich. Like Pastor Mike says, "I'm too blessed to be depressed!" I have been blessed in so many ways that I can't even count the blessings... it's time that I start acting like it!

So... yes, I am back. Thank you Lauren, Dawn, Summer and Carole for checking on me and for being my FRIENDS!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Crimeny Christmas it's about time you returned!!! Welcome back to bloggy land!!!

Next time your feeling funky (and btw I was commenting on a blog yesterday and the word verification was "funkipoo") blog about it and let us HELP!!! Don't bury your head - it's too pretty to be under all that sand!!!

April said...

So glad you are back. I have been wondering if everything was ok. Happy to see that it is.:)Your new header pic is adorable.!

Michelle said...

It's so nice to see your pretty face again after all that time. I can certainly relate to the withdrawing from the world syndrome. I get that way from time to time in stressful situations. You just have to pull yourself up and remember you ARE truely blessed and have so many people who love and care about you. I'm glad your sister and Dawn helped you get through this and you decided to come back. I love the picture of you and Mike by the way.

Dawn said...

Yay!!! You're back!! It's not like I don't talk to you every day, but I'm still glad you're back!! Now tell Lauren she needs a blog!! And I love your new layout and picture!!