Friday, September 12, 2008

Hurricane Ike and Rattled Nerves!





So, here comes Hurricane Ike.

It is not heading directly towards Louisiana, but we are under a tropical storm warning and are feeling the winds already. It's strange how we know it isn't making a direct hit here, but we are scared none the less.

My nerves are just about shot. My friend Summer blogged about how the people here in South Louisiana are feeling right now. She somehow put my feelings into words. We are all a bit on edge around here today and tonight.

Tonight, I will pray for the people of Texas and southwest Louisiana. I pray that the storm weakens at landfall, and that there are no more lives lost to that monster of a storm. May God keep everyone safe.

8 comments:

Dawn said...

Thanks so much for all your concern for my Texas people. It is scary here like you said, so I can't imagine how it is there. Let's hope Ike didn't bring any friends and that he was the last hurricane this season.

Michelle said...

I second what Dawn said. NO MORE HURRICANES!!

HerstoryGirl said...

Girl, I'm going to hire you to be my personal cheerleader! You make me smile so much. Thank you for always encouraging me and making me feel so good. I'm very glad to know that my writing touches you and anyone else who reads it.

As for IKE -- GOOD RIDDANCE & God bless the people of Southwest Louisiana and Texas. They are going to need all the blessings they can get!
{{{hugs}}}

Michelle said...

I just left you an award on my page. I hope you're doing well. Looking forward to you blogging again soon.

HerstoryGirl said...

Girl, I miss you! Where you been???

Unknown said...

Hey girly... are you okay??? I miss your posts!!!

Dawn said...

I have an award for you on my blog:-)

Tam said...

HI just catching up on all my stalking....I am so behind but see you had a fun trip....YAY for YOU