Friday, February 15, 2008

Singing for Him



Ok, here goes nothing! I've felt it in my heart for a long time now to try to join the choir at church. Way back "in the day" I day I had a really decent voice. In high school, I was in a few different choirs and went to several district and state competitions and did quite well. BUT, that was a long, long time ago. Longer ago than I care to admit, lol! Can you say in the 80's?? ugggghhhhhhh Anyway, I still LOVE to sing and hopefully still sound-kinda-sorta- halfway decent.

Sooooooooooo I emailed the music department today to find out how to go about joining the choir at HPC! About 2 years ago, I asked about joining and they sent me a cute little packet in the mail... but that's as far as I got. Maybe I chickened out, maybe I used this-or-that excuse to not do it.... who knows. A lot of things have happened since then, and I am in a much, much better place now than I was then. My faith is a million times stronger, my commitment level is stronger, and I feel it in my heart like crazy that this is what I need to do right now.


And ya know what? Even if my voice doesn't sound like it used to, I don't think God cares, so that means I don't mind either. I think what He cares about is that people want to sing for Him and want to worship Him. That is what is important. It's not about ME or my human voice... it's about Him.


Wish me luck and maybe say a prayer or two!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh baby, GO FOR IT!!! I remember a huge confirmation service presided over by the bishop, back in our Catholic days. Your solo was stunning, causing so many people to approach me with comments like " I had no idea she could sing like that".

So get out the lemon juice, exercise those vocal cords, and remember to breathe from your diaphram! :)
Much Love, Mom aka Mimi