Saturday, February 9, 2008

Go VOTE Today !!!



Today is a very important day for us as American citizens. We have the privelege of being able to go out and VOTE!! We may not love everything about any one particular candidate, but that isn't an excuse to NOT VOTE!!


Sometimes, perhaps this year in particular, it comes down to voting for the "lesser of two evils" so to speak. BUT it is still SO IMPORTANT TO CAST A VOTE!!


Personally, I plan to vote for Huckabee in the primary - even though I know he really doesn't have a chance of winning the nomination. BUT, if it comes down to McCain vs Clinton in the general election for president in November make no mistake ... I will HAPPILY vote for McCain!!! I can't think of any reason or circumstance in which I would vote for Hillary Clinton. Her policies and personality scare the daylights out of me!!


Anyway, regardless of your political affiliation... remember this: Countless numbers of men and women have made the ultimate sacrafice in order for us to have this freedom to vote!! And how many people in this world DO NOT have that freedom and are living in conditions that we can't even comprehend???? We are BLESSED beyond belief. What a better way to honor their sacrafices of those heroes than to use the voice they gave you!!!


Sooooooooo dont just sit there reading my very cool blog...GO VOTE!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very welll said, Ms Cool Blogger! As you know, I'm a big believer in that very thing, for those reasons. And besides, as your grandfather used to say,"If you don't vote, you have no right to complain about the government." Since the government so often gives us something to complain about, I want to retain my rights!!
Love Mom aka Mimi

HerstoryGirl said...

SO glad you posted this!!
I totally agree. =)
I voted!