Friday, February 1, 2008

Our Sponsored Child through Mission of Mercy

Manjhi Hembrom


A couple of weeks ago at church, a gentleman with Mission of Mercy spoke to each service. I apologize for not being able to remember his name. Anyway,he spoke about children in far away countries that really, really need someone - anyone - to help them. I won't even try to duplicate his extremely emotional message. All I can say, is that I was moved to tears as he spoke. Not that being moved to tears during a service at HPC is unusual for me, it happens often. But through this gentleman, an opportunity was presented to me to truly HELP someone ...and at the same time I was forced to reflect on my own life circumstances and how sometimes I do tend to have my own little pity party.

We basically live paycheck to paycheck, and so often money, or lack of it, is an issue. A lot of times I have to tell my kids no about different things they may want, or that some of their friends may have. Sometimes I get caught up wishing we could give them "things"... even though I know in my heart that "things" are the least important issue in this world.

In that moment at church, I realized how much we DO have. We have a wonderfully BLESSED life. We serve a God who loves us, and we try so hard every day to love like God loves us. This beautiful little girl in India may never have come to know that love, or have a future, without a sponsor. So, we are sponsoring her for a mere $30.00 a month. It may sound crazy to some people, but there are times when an extra $30.00 a month seems impossible. BUT, I know our God will make a way. He would never have put it in our hearts to sponsor her if He didn't have a way for us to make it happen.

Our little girl's name is Manjhi Hembrom and she will be 8 years old in February. I want to give her the same things I give our boys... love from us, and the promise of God's love. I want her to hav e a chance at the future ... just like my boys do. Please keep her in your prayers. As soon as I figure out how to work this scanner thingie, I'll post her picture. She's beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Manjhi is a beautiful child, who now has a chance to build a life unlike the one she has known. She will have a chance to know a God who will love, protect and guide her. The same God who sent you and Mike into her life to help make changes. She will have food to eat and clothing. She will get an education, and hopefully break the cycle of poverty and want that binds so many in that part of the world. God bless y'all and all the people who make this world a better place....one child at a time.
Love,
Mom aka Mimi