Monday, February 25, 2008

2nd Chances


This weekend we went out to Denham Springs to visit with my Dad and my grandma. She is 93 years old ... and can remember more things from her past than most people can! Still sharp as a tack! I hope and pray to be like that when I am her age! She had 10 kids in 12 years... can you imagine?!?!?! I sure can't! Amazing!



Here are my boys posing with my dad. My parents divorced when I was 8 years old, I think. And, because of some bad stuff that happened in the past we haven't seen him (or his side of the family) much and he has been in and out of our lives. Well, it's time to change that.

The painful things that happened in the past, are just that - THE PAST. Life is entirely too short to hold on to old garbage, old baggage and old hurts. Forgiveness isn't always easy, but it is the RIGHT THING and it is the choice that I am making. God loves us enough to forgive us EVERY DAY, so who am I to not forgive??

So, with the support of my wonderful hubby, my family and God ... I'm ready to move forward and have a good relationship with him. Not to mention the rest of my HUGE family on my dad's side of the family. He is one of 10 kids!!! Needless to say, other than my dad, that means there are lots of aunts and uncles, and countless numbers of cousins to catch up with!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lesley, I really admire your willingness to forgive and move forward. The past is over and done, and only the future lies ahead. I think that as long as you are open to God's will, all will be ok. I think it's good for the boys to have a chance to know an entirely different branch of your family....and what a big one it is too! :)
Love Mom aka Mimi