Thursday, July 17, 2008

MORE Answered Prayers!

I've been putting off posting about some (two) recent developments going on in our lives because they weren't "official." But I just can't keep it to myself any longer!

As some of you know, we have been struggling financially for quite some time. It's a long story really. Mike and I both work, but we still end up with just enough each month for our house note and our bills,.. nothing extra at all.

ANSWERED PRAYER #1:

As far as our house goes, the house we live in is my mom's house, meaning the mortgage is in her name. She bought the house back in 2000. We all decided back in 2004, for several reasons, that it would be best for everyone if Mike, me, Lane and Jennifer moved in with her. I was pregnant with Ryan at the time. So, we've been living here for 4 years and we pay the bills (mortgage, electric, etc...) and Mom contributes what she can. About two years ago, she bought a cozy little "cottage" (as Lane loves to call it!) and had it put right across the patio from this house. This is where she lives. It works perfectly for ALL of us :-)

Anyway........... the loan she had on the house was an adjustable rate mortgage. Yeah, bad BAD idea. But, she was doing what she could do at the time. She was locked in to a decent rate for serveral years and of course once the alloted time had passed, the house note skyrocketed!!!!!!!! I won't go into numbers, but trust me when I tell you it was completely outrageous. We continued to pay the astronomical house note for a while, and Mike & I tried to actually buy the house. Unfortunately, we don't have perfect credit (another couple of long stories, but we are working on it!) and with the mortgage industry the way it is these days, we weren't able to do it. So, we continued to struggle with the beastly house note. We ALL love our home and truly love our neighborhood... its safe for the kids, the schools are awesome and our neighbors are more like extended family to us.

About a month ago, we called the mortgage company to see if there was anything they could do to help reduce the monthly mortgage payment. At the time, it seemed like they weren't going to help us. Now, all of this time we continued to pray about it. Mike, myself and my mom all have very, VERY strong faith. We prayed the ENTIRE time for God to show us His way and to lead us to make the right decisions all based upon His will for our lives. It has been a very trying and difficult time for all of us. Sometimes I would feel like my faith was shaken, and at that time Mike or Mom would pick me up. Other times, my faith was HUGE and I would pick them up. Very emotional, very stressful.

Long story short, my mom called then yesterday regarding a totally different issue and guess what??????????? They have approved a plan to lower the monthly payment and to lower our interest rate!!!!!!!!!!!!! As you can tell, Mike, Mom and myself... we tried anything and everything we could to "fix" this situation. But, the things we did had nothing to do with the end result. We truly believe that He worked things out according to His timetable... not ours. God is so faithful.

This has been a much longer post than I had originally planned so you'll have to check back tomorrow for ANSWERED PRAYER #2 !!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

April said...

That is so great! It is amazing what can happen in your life with prayer and faith. Congratulations!!!

ISABELLA'S PAGE said...

That is fantastic news! God is Good!!! no, he is great. Nothing can be worse than not having financial peace. I'm glad you, Mike, and Suzi stood on your faith allowing God to work his power.

I know exactly how you all feel. We got in over our head with buying a house a couple years ago. We felt the same way that all of our money was going into it. Then when we decided K was going to stay home with Bella we were down to 1 income. I had to do something. That's when I took Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University class. He takes a biblical approach to finances. After taking that class it helped us so much. I truly understood that the borrower is truly slave to the lender. God doesn't want us in bondage of debt. Dave's class really helped us. Check with your church or go to his website and find a class in your area. I'm proud of both of you.

Dawn said...

I know what a relief that has to be! I'm glad y'all kept each strong and that God worked things out for you!! Yay!

Tam said...

That is wonderful!!! I know you must feel such relief!

One native is almost 3 and the other is 4. lol

Anonymous said...

Les, I have listened to Dave Ramsey's AM radio show (yes, I'm a geek!) pretty often ane he makes TONS of sense...I think it would be a great idea for you and Mike to check into it...I also know he has a book available too...Joe may know the name of it...Anyway, I am so happy for ya'll...and I will keep my prayers going!
Love,
Lauren =)