Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Diet Time!!

Yesterday I started doing the Atkins diet. It is a high protein, low carb diet. A few years ago me and my friend Dawn gave this diet a try and we were amazed by the results. We both lost weight like crazy!!

Since then, I have had another baby and you know what that does to most women's bodies. Uggghhhhhhh. Ever since I had my oldest son, my weight really fluctuates (I have no idea if I spelled that right!) a lot. I lead a fairly busy hectic life and don't just sit around every day eating bon-bons while watching TV. I chase kids around all day, every day and am constantly on the move. Surely it has something to do with me eating whatever I can grab quickly around the house... and trust me, it's not "health food" by any stretch of the imagination.

Anyway... I decided it was time to quit denying the fact that I desperately need to lose some weight. Since this diet worked so well for me in the past, I decided to give it a try again. My friend Dawn and my dear, sweet Mike are doing it too!! Yesterday morning I weighed and I will just tell you this much... scales are evil, they LIE!! After I came out of shock, I was ready to stick to the diet plan no matter what, which is what I did.

This morning I got up and forced myself to go weigh. Imagime my shock when I saw that in just ONE day, I had lost 2 1/2 pounds!!!!! Yeah, I am pretty fired up!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Sista!!!!!!!!! Keep up the great work!!
Love, Lauren
P.S. I think you are beautiful just like you are .=)

Dawn said...

Yay!! I'm proud of you!! And Lauren is right! You are beautiful no matter how much you weigh! Just do what makes you feel best about you! (Hey Lauren!)

April said...

HI! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comments. Way to go on losing weight!! I have heard that that plan works but I haven't had enough motivation to try it. Maybe I should get myself in gear. After having 3 kids you can imagine the damage I am going to have to reverse. LOL.

ISABELLA'S PAGE said...

Les,
That rocks! You and Dawn both are inspiring me to do this Atkins thing. I'm so glad you are getting the results so quickly. Karen and I about 3 mo ago decide we had enough and made a plan to get up at 5:30am before I go to work and work out. We watched what we ate, I lifted weights, We did Cardio, took our vitamins and after the first 7 days K lost 3 pounds and I gained 1. (scratching my head) but we kept at it. After the 2nd week I lost 2 lbs. Still not what I wanted. After a month I think we both lost a total of 5 lbs. without cheating and serious about work out. How does that happen??? So one thing led to another and we got off track.

I want to do this. I'm tired of my wife asking me if I want to borrow one of her bras! Way to go.. woo hooo!

Michelle said...

Good luck with Atkins Lesley. I'm proud of you and Dawn and Mike for doing this. It seems like doing things as partners or friends keeps people motivated and on the right track. Keep us posted on your progress and I agree 100% with Lauren, you're beautiful no matter what.

Lesley said...

Thanks everyone for the encouragement!!!!!!!! It means a lot to me!!!

Lesley :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn!

Tam said...

Hi thanks for commenting on my BLOG! LOVE comments...come vist again!!!! I will be back to visit you toooo!