Friday, May 2, 2008

The Countdown Has Begun!

10, 9, 8, 7, ....

As I posted a while back, my twin sister is pregnant with her 3rd son!! She only has about 3-4 weeks to go and I will FINALLY get top hold him and kiss his sweet little face off!! LOL

She has been having a lot of swelling her feet and legs. She barely recognizes her feet anymore! Wednesday she wasn't feeling too hot... nothing in particular, just the end of the pregnancy yuckiness!! So, I went over to her house to see her and I brought her my digital blood pressure cuff... and yep, her blood pressure was higher that it should be. It got a bit higher as the day went on. Thankfully, she had an appointment with her OB/GYN Thursday morning and she has been put on BED REST until the baby gets here. They will now be seeing her weekly and will be keeping a close watch on her and the baby. He also said it is quite possible that the baby will be born earlier than the originally scheduled c-section.

We will be doing anything and everything to help them right now. Her hubby works long hours and she has two other kids to take care of. At least they are a bit older and not so high-maintenance. So I will be busy, busy, busy for the next several weeks, but I wouldn't have it any other way. She is my bestest friend and I love her so much! Plus, I love her boys just like they are my own!

I have to give it to my sister though. She works... I mean WORKED... in a extremely busy doctor's office in Baton Rouge. It is a really hectic and stressful job. She stuck it out through all the morning sickness, tiredness, aches, and blahs that go along with pregnancy! She planned on working right until the end, but the baby, her body and her doctor had other plans! I told her that I hoped this isn't an indication of things to come with this little one... not going with the flow and giving her a hard time...LOL!!!!!!

She should try to enjoy laying around and doing nothing while she can ... cause those days are quickly coming to an end!! They are about to begin one wild and crazy ride. One the little one gets here, lounging and relaxing will be distant memories :-)

Anyway, please pray that her blood pressure can be controlled by bed rest and that they don't have to admit her to the hospital and do the c-section any earlier than planned. Also, pray that she doesn't go completely nuts-o laying in bed and that the baby (and Lauren) continue to be safe and sound!!!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Well, I just wanted to say THANK YOU for all you have been doing for us, especially this week!!! It has kinda been insane...but thank God for you...you've done everything from grocery shopping to cleaning out closets to chauffering the boys around!!! Seriously, you are a blessing to our family and are always so giving and I don't know what I would do without you. (I am gonna stop now before I start bawling like an out of control hormonal woman!!)
I love you,
Lauren