Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Battle of the David's...

David Archuleta
David Cook



So, last night was the final duel on American Idol. I must admit, we watch the show weekly... unless we are at the HPAC for baseball stuff. Anyway, while it hasn't been as addictive this year as it has in the past... it has still been fun to watch. There were some really talented people on this season.

But, from the very beginning I have loved David Archuleta!! He is soooooooooo talented, he has been blessed with an incredible gift. His voice is so strong and pure, he could just about sing ANYTHING and it would sound good. He seems so sweet and humble, I could just hug him!

And, while he may be as "entertaining" as some of the other contestants, he has them beat in the raw talent category. Keep in mind, he is only 17 years old. I think that in time, he will become a true performer ... but for now, all he needs to do is rely on that voice of his. He doesn't need a bunch of flashing lights and screaming guitars to make him sound good or make us listen to him.

David Archuleta was definitely at the top of his game last night!!! Man, he just sang the heck out of all three songs that he performed. He sang with such passion too! Even Simon had nothing but good things to say about his performance last night! Imagine that!!!

I think David Cook is talented too, don't get me wrong. But, he seems to get caught up in the lights and the "show" too much for me. I do enjoy his music, but his voice just isn't as pure and it just doesn't move me like David Archuleta's. But, I do think David Cook did a good job last night too.

So, we shall see what happens!!! Good luck to them both. But... as you can probably tell, I'm hoping that David Archuleta is the next American Idol!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate to say I told you so BUT...
=)
Lauren