Monday, May 19, 2008

The Last Couple of Weeks



We've been spending a good bit of time out at the HPAC watching Lane play baseball! Just check out my handsome little ball player :-) These are pictures from their (the Mets) first game... and he hit two doubles and one base hit! GO LANE!!!!!!!! He is a good little athlete and I love watching him out there playing ball, giving it his all. He loves it too... it's nearly impossible to get him to leave sometimes.

Healing Place is awesome for, among about a million other things, being part of UpWard Sports. Thank you Pastor Dino for making this a place where our kids are encouraged to be the best they can be and at the same time, really LEARNING about the game and more importantly about commitment and teamwork!! Our kids truly honor God through this ministry, and we are so excited to be a part of it!!!

Here are Ryan and Claire (one of the kids I babysit) playing in some clover patches in our front yard! I remember doing the same thing when I was a little kid and when I saw them doing, it felt like I was a kid again!! In this crazy life that we all lead, it is so refreshing to remember back to a time when there wasn't so much hustle and bustle going on... a simpler time with way less worries than we have as adults. I love this picture... their innocence tugs at my heart strings.


And here we have what I call the Western Power Ranger... notice the cowboy boots! LOL! Ryan is enthralled with the Power Rangers. Yes, I know that there are better things that he can watch... and he does - TRUST ME! But, we are sure to remind him often that the Power Rangers aren't real and that fighting people is not the way to handle problems. At least in the Power Rangers, the good guy always win instead of the bad guys.

Good vs. Evil... an age old concept and/or struggle.


And, last but not least... let me ask you a question.

WHAT IS YOUR GREATEST FEAR????

My biggest fear, other than something bad happening to my family, is a complete, total and paralyzing fear of SNAKES. In fact, you could say I don't just have a fear ... it's actually more like a full blown phobia. For some reason within the last month or so FOUR of these hideous creatures have appeared on our back patio. Yes, I've come face to face with my biggest fear FOUR times recently. If anyone can determine what kind of snake this is, I would love to find out! Since these monsters have started showing up we, ok not we, MIKE cut back a lot of bushes and things that we had growing around the patio. My mom lives right behind us and is a plant-a-holic so there are plants, bushes and flowers everywhere. And, while it is beautiful to look at, it is also a very inviting environment for these completely unwanted guests. I DETEST SNAKES!!!!! They are sooooooooo scary looking, and I could care less if they are poisonous or nonpoisonous...it really does not matter a bit to me. Snakes always seem to me to be intertwined with evil. Just look at the Bible and the Garden of Eden!! See, there is the proof...they really ARE evil and they represent evil!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I can't even believe that is Lane! He has grown so much! I love the Power Ranger too! It reminds me of Cameron running around the house in his Batman costume, which he did for YEARS! And yeah, the snake - yuck!

Anonymous said...

I haven't thought about making clover necklaces in years!! I love that picture...
Lauren =)