Tuesday, August 5, 2008

New Week!


This week has gotten off to a much better start than the week I had last week... thank goodness!!

This is the last week of summer vacation here. Our kids start back to school this Friday. The school board in all of it's infinite wisdom decided last year to re-district the school zones because of over crowding. Lane has been going to the same school from Kindergarten through 3rd grade. Now this year, thanks to the re-districting, Lane will be attending a brand new school. Which in itself is ok. The only problem I have with it is that his old school was literally, at most, one mile from our house. His new school is at least 5 miles from our house. Not that big of a deal compared to some places, I know. Plus, it's not only Lane that has to go to a new school. Approximately half of the old school's children will be going to the new one, so at least Lane will already have some friends there.

This week has been really nice so far. ALL of the kids that I babysit are on vacations with their families, so it's just me and my boys... which is awesome! Not that we are doing anything really fun or exciting, but its nice for us to be together without the extra kids around. Yesterday we (we= me, Ryan, Lauren, Baby James, and Brandon) went to WalMart to get some last minute things for school and today the same "we" went to the Dollar General for some odds and ends. Lane decided to stay home with his sissy, and Spencer has been at all day band camp at the high school.

Mike is really enjoying his new job. He has been working in the Computer/IT field for over 20 years, so this is WAY different for him... but he seems to really like it!! I've been sitting here tonight making a new bill paying schedule since his paydays will be different now than they were at his old job.

We had a nice weekend... Lane had worship team practice Saturday morning, then we dropped Blondie (aka Jennifer) off at work, then the boys got haircuts, did some stuff around the house, etc. Sunday we got up, went to church (which was awesome!), got home, I put a pot roast on to have for supper, then went shopping with my mom, she was looking for just the right sheets for her bed. I never knew there were so many rules about sheets!! LOL!! We really had fun! Usually she is a basket of nerves in that crazy store, but I managed to keep her laughing and we both had a good time :-)

Hope everyone is having a great week!!!


6 comments:

April said...

School is starting really early for you guys. We still have a few weeks left.

Hope you are enjoying your free non babysitting time.:)

Dawn said...

I'm so glad that you have some free time with your boys before school goes back!! I know the redistricting is a pain, but think of all the kids that can fit into our 2 new schools without being crammed in classrooms together! And there are 3 more being built for next year - all elementary schools! How do we have so many kids? Yikes! Yay for Mike's new job!! It sounds like things are really going well over there!!

Michelle said...

Good to hear you're getting to spend some one on one time with the boys before school starts. I know you're enjoying it being just y'all. Will you be keeping kids after school at all or during the day still?

We've got two new elementary schools in Bossier Parish which is on the other side of the river 20 minutes from me. They open at the start of school which will be good for some of those schools in that area. It helps to have smaller classes it seems. They get more one on one with the teacher. I hope Lane gets to be in a class with some of his friends he knows from his old school. That will help the transition go smoother for him. Will he ride a bus or will you take him?

Glad to hear Mike's new job is going well for him.

I'm sure you and your mom had fun shopping. I didn't know about sheets either until I went with my mom after Christmas to get me some new ones. I got a new quilt set for one of my birthday gifts and needed matching sheets. The lower the thread count, the lower the quality of the sheets. I go for comfort when I get in my bed at night LOL

Enjoy the rest of your week. I have Claudia with me and we're enjoying ourselves.

Unknown said...

Hopefully this means some good class sizes for your son.

I'm thinking I feel your mom... I'm a sheet snob... I can't sleep on less than 280

HerstoryGirl said...

Hey girl, I'm sorry I'm just now getting back to you. This past week has been INSANE (and I did Winbourne VBS 2 weeks ago, so I know insane!!).

THANK YOU for the blog award!
I feel like a doofus for responding to this so late. I am WAAYYY behind on my blog-reading. It took my an hour just to "catch up" on my 5 regular reads (you're one). Hope your week is going great!

Anonymous said...

"Sheet snob"....I love it. I ended up with 400 thread count Eqyptian cotton. Heavenly! We had so much fun...Lesley said I was "such a girl", and made a crack about me and my "grown up sheets" that you would have had to have been there to appreciate. But she had me rolling! Shopping usually makes me a bundle of nerves, but I had so much fun. We went to three stores before I found just the right ones.
Bet you learned a lot though, huh Lesley? Not that you even care. lol Lauren is the one with her mother's "sheet issues".
I still can't believe the kids are going back to school so early. It gets earlier every year.
Love you, Mom aka Mimi