Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Better Late Than Never, Right?!!?



My sweet Lane is now officially a 4th grader!!!!!!! How did that happen?? Where did the past 9 1/2 years go???

Lane went back to school on Aug. 8th!! His first day back at school went really well. Notice the booksack in the picture... it has wheels!! The school board policy states that starting in 4th grade, the kids can use booksacks with wheels, so Lane had to get one! He is pretty excited about it :-) Cute huh?

Lane is going to a new school this year. Thankfully lots of kids from his old school were moved to the new one too, so he knows a lot of kids already. Our parish is busting at the seams so the school board had to have a couple more schools built.

I'm not too sure what I think about the new school... as of now they don't have a playground, they have a library that is still being "worked" on and it has no books in it, they don't have an intercom system or a bell system. Seems to me like they built a big building and stuck a bunch of kids in it!

Anyway... Lane seems to like his teachers. His favorite teacher is Mrs. Teepell, his homeroom teacher and his science teacher, which is awesome because science is his favorite class. She really does seem nice!! This year, since he is in the 4th grade, he has three different teachers and switches classes a couple of times a day. Of course he has homework Monday-Thursday nights but they are nice and don't assign homework to them on Fridays! Thanks teachers :-)

It really doesn't seem possible for Lane to be in 4th grade and it makes me sad. My baby is growing up!

5 comments:

April said...

He looks so excited. I don't know how I will react when I have a 4th grader. They grow up SO fast. Hopefully his school will continue to make improvements. Hope he has a great year:)

Dawn said...

He really is growing up! I think you need to tell the "after school" bus story. Really. It's hysterical.

Unknown said...

I have a 4th grader too... it's like all of a sudden they just grew up over night!!!!

Michelle said...

Hopefully they will get the improvements done on the school soon. That is kind of odd they don't have the bell system or intercoms set up atleast. I wonder how they are supposed to have library time? That's interesting. We have two new schools as well.

I can't believe our babies are in 4th either...seems like yesterday we were discussing them being 3 years old! LOL Time certainly has flown by. He looks so handsome in that picture by the way. Those backpacks are so much better for them. I know the kids always always have HEAVY books to bring home.

That's nice he only has homework 4 days a week. Claudia has it every night including most weekends. She better get used to that lol

ISABELLA'S PAGE said...

Les, it is amazing what a little man Lane has become! I know ya'll are very proud of him. Thanks for your comment on my new blog. Yes, any inspirational messages I can get I would love. And, you owe us the after school bus story.