Friday, August 1, 2008

T.G.I.F

Yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! It's FRIDAY!! We made it through another week, lol!!

My wonderful hubby started his new job today! He was a bit nervous but excited at the same time. Turns out, he isn't going to start off making the amount of money he thought he would be. It's still a little more than he was making at his previous job, and better but more affordable insurance. After the first 60 days at the new job there will be a salary increase... and then there are supposed to be two more increases coming within the first year. Sooooo... here we go on another of life's adventures :-) We live in South Louisiana and there are lots and lots of plants in this area, but it is hard - almost impossible- for people without "connections" to get hired at one of them. So, we know this is a HUGE blessing and we will be patient while we follow God's time-table and not our own.

Next up... my frustration. This is a sticky situation and I am going to try to not be mean about anyone in my post. Soooooooooo here goes! As you may know, I babysit a "friend" (her name is Michele) of mines daughter, Claire (plus another friends 3 kids) each day while she works. Anyway....... she gives me a hard time if for some reason I can't "work" on any given day for any reason. Like the time my son had to get a root canal or when my sister had her baby. Uggghhhhhhhhhh don't get me started! Anyway... she usually gets here around 6:45 am each morning. So I get up at around 6:30am, yuck!!! Well, she took off work today to help a friend get ready for a party and supposedly I was still going to babysit her daughter. It's 8:10 am and they STILL haven't gotten here... neither have the other three kids. No phone call... just nothing. The mom of the three kids is the one having the party.

Why is it that someone couldn't have had the decency to tell me yesterday that they would be late getting here so that I wouldn't have gotten up at the crack of dawn?????????? (Sorry about that Sista Dawn, lol) With every minute that ticks by, the more cranky I am getting. I can handle a lot of things, but plain old rudenss isn't one of them. Normally, since we are supposed to be friends, I try really hard to keep my mouth shut and just roll with stuff as it happens. But this is just ridiculous to me. Looks like I may have to speak up this time.

Ok, I'm done venting. Well, for now anyway! Thanks for listening!

9 comments:

April said...

Congrats on hubby's new job!! I would be aggravated too with the babysitting situation. Hope you get it all straightened out.

Lauren said...

Ummmm sista...why would you expect anything different now??? After all, you DO get paid "TOP DOLLAR!!" ((inside joke)) After yesterday, I'm sure a couple of extra hours of sleep would have been awesome! Of course, I think you should mention it to the mom. If she is truly your friend, she will get it! If not, oh well, at least she will know how you feel!
Love, Lauren

ISABELLA'S PAGE said...

Les, I liked your post today. The message is trusting in God. I can really relate to your post and I guess it sort of ties into what Dawn posted about selling her car. In the last few months I've felt this crustiness of things not working out, stress of selling Karen's Car (We bought a used Dodge Caravan last week) so no one is interested in Karen's car and it's frustating. So the short of it I've just felt this heaviness and bad attitude over me. Well, K and I got back into the habit in the last few days of getting up and praying. Man, what a world of difference it's made in me especially. Then this morning I was listening to this CD and it was the owner of a company. Christian Based. He wanted to take his blessings from his company and partner with a Charity. He called up the Charity and told him his desire. Well, they called around checking on Dallin's business and because it wasn't flashy enough they chose their image over helping children. What impressed me the most was his response. "Oh Well, I guess God doesn't want us to move in that direction". It was true because he prayed about it and ended up partnering with an International Charity that now is improving the lives of children in Brazil. I loved how responsive he was to the call of God. It tied into a devotional we did this morning from the In Touch Ministry. Know who you are following. Is it Politicians? Business Leaders? TV? If it's not God then you're off course. So I encourage you and Mike to stay the course. Be Patient. The reward is given to those who wait on God's timing.

As far as your friend. Yeah, in the calmest, nicest way possible I would tell her how you feel. If she gets nasty with you then bite your lip (I hope it won't bleed), take a deep breath, and just respond with some EQ (emotional Quotient. Like IQ for the emotions) and say, I just wanted you to know how I felt when you did that to me. If she truly is your friend she will realize you're not to be treated like that. Then after she leaves put a letter in the mail that your rates just went up 50% effective August 1. :-)

Tymm said...

Hey there - you left an amazingly nice comment over on our site and I just wanted to say thank you so much for the kind words about our daughter. We think she is breathtaking too - an absolutely amazing, extraordinary, unblemished work of God.

He has been with us - right by our side - leading us through this journey the whole time. He is an amazing God and we are so blessed to have Meron in our lives.

Thank you again - it's kind words like yours that have really carried us through the rough times of the journey...

Anonymous said...

We know M can be very inconsiderate, and I think you handled it perfectly. Although I was surprised that you actually stood up for yourself. ;-)
Knowing how the rest of your day went: having to make a mad dash in the rain, not being able to get to the grocery store, etc, made me glad I only had to put up with a cranky boss and an (almost) insubordinate office worker. lol

Anonymous said...

Oh, BTW, who is this breathtaking child, and where can I see a pic?

Anonymous said...

WHY do I always forget to sign my posts? The two above this are from me...(JoeJoe, stop laughing) ..
Mom aka Mimi sheesh

Michelle said...

I will keep your family in my prayers that the job is success and works out for everyone in the long run. I'm sure it will.

I fully understand your frustration with the babysitting issue. My ex sister in law (Claudia's mom) has done that to me numerous times and I finally just ask every day if Claudia is coming the next day or not. I can't stand to be left hanging with anyone. You go out of your way to get up early and accomdate everyone and things end up not happening. I hate that.

The girl I work for after school is pretty good about letting me know if I won't have her kids or not. I always get a schedule from her the Thursday before the following week. She has forgotten to call me until last minute a time or two, but doesn't make it a habit. Friends or not, people need to respect your time. Just don't let people run over you like that and assume you'll be there at their beckon call. Again another day that ended up being "one of those days"! Ugh!! New week about to start and only a few weeks until school starts, keep that in mind. :)

Dawn said...

Yay for Mike's new job!! How did he like it so far?? New adventures are fun to get started on and it sounds like this one will bring great changes for your family!

As far as the babysitter thing, I can imagine how frustrating that is. I think people look at their babysitters as their paid employees, so they don't take their personal lives & feelings into account. I have ALWAYS let my home babysitters or daycares know if my kids are coming late. My goodness, if anything, why would you want to worry that something might have happened? And yeah, you could have slept later! So, I have to say in a calm moment, you should ask her to let you know if the kids will be late - otherwise, YOU might be gone running errands and SHE wont find you at home. AND...I told you before, my babysitters always told me they would have 2 weeks paid vacation each year (and they deserve that!!), so be sure you are getting your days off when you need them.