Friday, August 22, 2008

Crazy Kid... Part 1



Soooooooooooo what do you think this is???

Give up yet???? You have? Ok then, I'll tell you!

Ryan LOVES his pacifer... or as we call it around here, his "noonie." Lots of kids do, right? Well, Ryan is just a bit different from the average kid. Not only does he have a noonie to suck on... he also has one that he carries around in his hand. He affectionately calls it his "ah-wah noonie." When he was learning to talk, he was trying to say "other" noonie, and it came out sounding like "ah-wah."

As if that isn't strange enough, he likes his "ah-wah" to be sticky and yucky, LOL!! The older and more torn up it is... the better he likes it. Gross, I know!!

Anyway, Wednesday we were getting to go out and about ... I was in my room putting on my makeup when all of a sudden Ryan comes tearing in my room, hysterical!! He said he had torn a piece of his "ah-wah noonie" and stuck it up his nose!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I kinda freaked out. I looked up his nose, thinking if I could see it at all, I would get my tweezers and pull it out. WRONG!! It was so far up his nose, there was nothing showing at all... not even a little edge of it.

He was so scared and was saying he couldn't breathe!! We were about to head to the doctor's office for help... when I got some tissue and told him to blow his nose as hard as he could. He did as I asked. Nothing. I told him to do it again... but to do it even harder.

He blew and blew... FINALLY the darn thing came out.

We were both so relieved. Once I knew he was ok, I fussed him good!!! I said I was going to throw his "ah-wah" away... which only brought on more hysterics. So, I took it from him and put it high up in a cabinet where he will never be able to get to it.

So, yep you guessed it! That odd looking thing in the above picture is the piece of his "ah-wah" noonie that went nose diving!

Good lord, what was the child thinking?!?!?!! He has never been one to put things in his mouth... much less his nose!! Kids... geeezzzzzzzzzzzzz!! No wonder my hair is turning gray!!!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Yikes!! I would have freaked out! Kids are known to stick things in their noses & ears and that can really cause some trouble! I am glad he got it out!

April said...

I would have panicked I think. So glad you got it out quickly. Kids do the silliest things don't they?

Michelle said...

Yikes! I know you were so thankful it came out and you didn't have to make an emergency trip. Both my sister's kids are at the age where they are putting things in their mouths and have attempted the nose thing. I just hope it doesn't happen.

I have a question. Is that your cat in the picture with Ryan? That cat is HUGE!!! OMG how pretty though!

AdoptedAsHisOwn said...

Ok, thank goodness he is Ok so now I can..... LOL. That is so funny!! I would ream my children too!!

I pray y'all are safe for Gustav!