Thursday, June 12, 2008

Boy meets... basket! OUCH!!


Rule: No running in the house.
Reason: Someone will get hurt.


How many times have we Moms said this????????

At least 137 times a day in my house.

This is what happens when a 4 1/2 year old (Brennan) and my 3 year old ignore the rules and run in the house anyway. I was in the kitchen unloading the dishwasher... of course, after 26 seconds of me not standing over them they start playing crazy and running around. Just as I got the words, "NO RUNNING!!!" out of my mouth - I hear Ryan crying. The "Mommy, I'm hurt!" cry. So I go to him only to find him laid out on the floor and the laundry basket laying next to him. Mind you, my laundry basket is tall (a little over 2 feet tall), and is made out of really hard plastic. It is pretty durable and not flexible at all. No, I don't generally use laundry baskets as household decortations, but I was doing laundry today (yuck!) and had been sorting clothes in the hallway.

Apparently, Ryan ran (or was pushed while rnnning) smack into my laundry basket and the edge of it made contact with his sweet little face.
Ryan says Brennan pushed him... of course, Brennan denies it. Based on past events, I'm enclined to believe Ryan - and not just because heis my son. Either way, it was an accident, but my little baby boy is going to have a black eye :-(





3 comments:

Spencer said...

That's HORRIBLE!!! He's 3 years old,and already has a black eye:( Oh, and ofcourse Brenny says he had NOTHING to do with it. By the way, the LSU game starts at 6 p.m. sunday.

Dawn said...

I'm sorry to hear (and see) about Ryan's black eye! I hope he gets all better soon! He sure does look just like Mike!!!

Michelle said...

Poor little guy! Kids will be kids for sure. You know we're going to be gray headed alot sooner keeping all these kids LOL thank GOD for highlights!!