Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Playing Catch-Up



Guess whose legs these are? Give up? Ok, they are Mike's legs. Now .. next question. Guess what that red stuff is all over them?? Yep, you got it right ... it's POISON IVY!!!!!!!!! I don't think it shows up too good in the picture, but it looked horrible!! Bright red and all blistery!! My poor baby :-( He had been outside weed-eating on Saturday and then Sunday evening he asked me to come look at his legs. I'm no nurse, but I felt pretty sure that it was poison ivy. Looked it up on the internet and the pictures online looked identical to Mike's legs. So, I gave him some Benedryl and nite-nite he went. It was considerably worse Monday. He hates going to the doctor but I managed to convince him to go to the after hours clinic Monday night. The doctor said it was a classice case of poison ivy, gave him a shot, and two perscriptions... Vistoril for the itching and Prednisone (a steroid) to help speed the healing process. Mike is one of those people that doesn't like to take medicine so these medicines have pretty much knocked him for a loop!!! Thank God his legs look much better now, aren't itching anymore and he only has two pills left to take!!! I pray he never gets that again!



This is Ryan rockin out with his guitar!! He is just adorable when he does that! I wish I had a video of it to post. You'd never guess, but he is singing ONE WAY JESUS at the top of his little lungs. When he is done with that song, we have to clap. The he rocks out again to TAKE IT ALL!!! He says he is "Mr. Jason!!!" He wants to play his guitar and sing on the stage too :-)


We've been cleaing out the attic to get ready for our garage sale. It's amazing how many treasures you will find in your attic. For example ...here is Mr. Lane modeling his pre-school graduation cap and gown for us!! He was so little back then, it makes my heart so melancholy to think about that. Our kids grow so fast - right in front of our eyes!! Our time with them when they are kids passes so fast. Anyway, Lane was barely 5 when he graduated from preschool. Now, he is 9 years old and in the 3rd grade. Lane is a wonderful little boy and I love him so much!! Although I'm sure he'll probably won't be amused that I posted this picture on here!

Things continue to be as hectic as ever around here. We've had a couple of issues with the kiddies I babysit. Nothing that we couldn't handle though. It's a learning experience daily. Plus, our house is upside down as we prepare for the garage sale... and it is really working on my nerves!

Please continue to pray with us and for us about our financal situation as we should hear something this week on if our re-financing the house will go through. God has been with us every step of the way, and we know He will continue to walk us through this journey. He is so faithful!!!

1 comment:

HerstoryGirl said...

I'm praying Lesley!!!

And I really want to come to the garage sale... Can you send me time/directions?
herstorygirl@gmail.com

I look forward to meeting you in person! LOL
Summer