Monday, January 19, 2009

Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.



Let's all take a moment today to remember and to be grateful for Martin Luther King, Jr. Without him, his passion and his dream... God only knows where we would be today. I thank God today that He sent His servant, Dr. Martin Luther King Junior, to live on this earth with us, if only for a brief time. The time that he spent here did more for the human race than most people can wrap their minds around.

Dr. King was a man of rare greatnesss and he truly deserves respect and honor from each of us. He paved the road for race relations to get to where they are today. Are race relations perfect today? Of course not. But, they are much better than they used to be.

Had I been alive back in the days of Dr. King, I would have been proudly marching right along with him. Racism, in any form, sickens me to the very core of my soul.

Dr. King literally gave his life for a dream that he had, a hope for all of us, ... a dream, a hope, a cause that was so much bigger than just himself.

From his 1963 speech, delivered to a civil rights rally on the Mall in Washington, King said: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

Amen, Dr.King. AMEN!!!

Thank you, Dr.King, from the bottom of my heart.

1 comment:

HerstoryGirl said...

Beautiful, Beautiful post!!

I'm with you! I wish I could have been marching right beside him.
Have you ever been to the Civil Rights Museum in Memphis, TN?
It is at the Lorraine Motel where Rev. King was assassinated. It is truly remarkable and a must-see for EVERY civil rights supporter!

Thanks for writing this great tribute. =)